Shrimp Flig - Size 1
## DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 10 DAYS FOR YOUR FLIGS TO BE MANUFACTURED ##.
## Designed to imitate a shrimp or prawn fleeing across the flats ##
Bonefish are one of the world's great sport fish, they frequent shallow flats in exotic locations, are hard to spot (even in 12 inches of clear water), have amazing eyesight, are easily spooked by a clumsy presentation or angler, actively hunt prey, have amazing bursts of speed courtesy of their oversized tail and are beautiful to handle. As such they have long been in the realm and dreams of the Saltwater Flyrodder.
But what IF you could target them using artificials with a light tackle spinning outfit?
That question has long been floating around in the back of mind, the offer of a trip to the Cocos Keeling Islands in January 2021 with one of my customers brought it right into focus. Plenty of research on the internet, chatting online with bonefish guides etc. resulted in these original, Big John's Jigs 'shrimp fligs'. Product testing was a huge learning curve but also amazingly rewarding, being able to unlock the key to chasing this amazing sport fish with light spin tackle was a real buzz.
- tropical flats predators such as trophy bonefish, barred trevally, golden trevally.
- Australian estuary species such as flathead and various bream.
- 'premium' size 1, XH Mustad black nickel hooks.
- approximately 1/9oz.
- innovative head design means flig will always land the right way up.
- neutral coloured flig heads to blend in with the flats environment.
- natural shrimp colour schemes.
- finn racoon wing material for maximum action with the slightest movement.
- krystal flash antenna.
- barred rubber legs.
- premium 'easy shrimp eyes', all one piece for added durability.
- quality Enrico Puglisi body materials.
Colour Schemes: (Left to Right)
- Old Faithful - white head, tan binding, tan body/beard/wing, tan barred legs, black antenna, black eyes. (recommended for Bonefish)
- Captain Smith - white head, white binding, tan body and wing, sulfur beard, natural barred legs, pearl antenna, amber eyes. (recommended for Bonefish)
- Fire Cracker - orange head, pink shrimp body, tan wing, sulfur beard, orange barred legs, bonefish pink antenna, black eyes.
A small, quality spinning reel, full of premium 10lb braid with a 20lb fluorocarbon leader matched to a fast taper, 7 foot plus spinning rod is the key to maximising your casting distance and effectiveness with these fligs. For bonefish, a slow and constant retrieve speed that causes the flig to puff away sand as it moves along the bottom has proven to be the most effective retrieve style to date. Try and sight cast to fish, excessive random casting will spook fish that you never even knew were there.
## INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ##
Due to their ultra-light weight, our Australian made Fligs are a great option when it comes to International Shipping. Up to 20 Fligs will fit in to our cheapest rate International parcels. This is great value, especially considering all our prices are in Australian Dollars. The exchange rate certainly works in your favour.
Eg. The standard shipping charge (including tracking) for 20 Fligs to the USA is only $22.50AUD!
We Also Recommend