4oz Saltwater Leadhead Jig
AN INNOVATIVE LEADHEAD JIG, DESIGNED TO JIG DEMERSAL FISH
Premium 4oz saltwater leadhead jigs built extra tough for hard fighting seriola species such as samson fish and yellowtail kings as well as XOS demersal fish. These jigs come complete with a 9 inch soft plastic 'grub style' tail, fitted to the premium Mustad hook and securely held in place with a stainless steel keeper cast into the rear of the jig head.
- 'forged' premium 9/0 Mustad saltwater hooks.
- premium powder paint, oven baked to form a super durable finish.
- clear overcoat for added finish durability.
- nylon outer tails incorporating dual gold mylar flash strips.
- tail binding sealed with epoxy resin for longevity.
- premium 3D stick on eyes.
- 9 inch soft plastic 'grub' tail.
- stainless steel soft plastic keeper.
- large stainless steel eyelet, through wired to hook eye.
- demersal fish such as dhufish, breaksea cod, queen snapper, rankin cod, black jewfish, various cods, coral trout etc.
- seriola's such as yellowtail kingfish, samson fish and amberjacks.
Jigging – the nylon tail is designed to pulse around the 9” fluttering grub tail as it is jigged, this combination working best with a slow pitch jigging technique. Try and use the lightest jig possible so that the jig is trailing behind the boat at no more than a 20 degree angle (off vertical), if it is planing up behind the boat, use a heavier version.
This jig is ideal for dropping to the bottom, winding it up slightly, and then leaving the rod in the rod holder, allowing the natural rock of the boat to do the work. You can then work a more active jig / bucktail / plastic on a second, hand-held rod.
If you run out of replacement grub tails, a thin belly strip (skin on) from a fish such as a mackerel, tuna, trevally or a skinned octopus leg, trailing from the bend of the hook, make a great alternative. Secondly, sharpen the hook point before use to maximise your chances of a positive hook set when a fish strikes.
We Also Recommend