3/4oz Hard Head Leadhead Jig
SUPER VERSATILE JIGS - JIG, TROLL, HIGH SPEED SPIN
Every tackle box or bag should at least have a couple of these in the classic, all-white colour scheme.
- forged' Eagle Claw 4/0 hook.
- streamlined profile.
- finished in premium hard wearing powder paint.
- straight nylon tails hand bound.
- binding sealed for longevity with epoxy resin.
- bite triggering, hand painted enamel eyes.
- mylar tail strips.
- pelagics such as southern bluefin tuna and mackerel tuna feeding on small bait etc
Trolling – a good option for trolling at 5-6 knots when moving between spots or trying to match the hatch on pelagics such as feeding tuna. Don’t troll directly through schools of feeding fish, stick to the outskirts and ideally cross in front of whatever direction they are heading. If trolling more than one lure, keep trolling for 50 metres or so after you first hook up in an effort to elicit more strikes and load up more rods.
High Speed Spin – ideal for high speed spinning from a boat if chasing fussy pelagics such as tuna feeding on small bait. You can also search for fish in the water column by letting the jig sink for varying amounts of time before you start the retrieve.
The saltwater Eagle Claw hooks used in these jigs are new, out of the box sharp, but they aren’t fishing sharp. Make sure you touch the hook point up with a sharpening stone before use (and during hectic fishing sessions).