1oz Saltwater Leadhead 'Jnr' Jig
DESIGNED FOR JIGGING SHALLOW WATER DEMERSAL FISH
The 'Saltwater Leadhead Jig' now has a little brother. Just like his sibling, the 1oz Saltwater Leadhead Jnr is built extra tough for hard fighting demersal fish, tropical reef dwellers and opportunistic pelagics. These jigs come with a 6 inch soft plastic 'grub' tail fitted to the premium Mustad hook. The soft plastic is secured in place with a stainless steel keeper cast into the rear of the jig head.
- 'forged' premium Mustad 7/0 saltwater hook.
- premium powder paint, oven baked to form a super durable finish.
- clear overcoat for added finish durability.
- nylon outer tails incorporating gold mylar flash strips.
- tail binding sealed with epoxy resin for longevity.
- 6" grub tail.
- 3d molded eyes.
- stainless steel soft plastic keeper.
- dhufish, breaksea cod, pink snapper, rankin cod, spangled emperor, various cods, coral trout, assorted pelagics.
Jigging – the nylon tail is designed to pulse around the 6” fluttering grub tail as it is jigged, this combination working best with a slow pitch jigging technique. Try and use the lightest jig possible (within reason), if necessary cast the jig forward of the direction you’re drifting, strip line quickly and then bounce the jig just off the bottom as you drift over it. Once the jig is trailing behind the boat at a 20 degree angle, crank it back up and repeat the process.
Cast, flick, retrieve – a great technique when drifting over a shallow lump or drifting over reef/rubble, just match the water depth to an appropriately weighted jig. Cast the jig away from the boat, let it sink to the bottom, then flick it forward with a flick of the rod, wind up the slack as you drop the rod and repeat, the hit normally coming on the pause/drop when you wind up the slack.
The saltwater Mustad HD hooks used in these jigs are new, out of the box sharp, but they aren’t fishing sharp. Make sure you touch the hook point up with a sharpening stone before use (and during hectic fishing sessions).
We Also Recommend