1/8oz Marabou Banana Jig
DESIGNED FOR SWAN RIVER SUMMER 'FLATFISH' ACTION
Back in the 80's I spent many an hour flicking little white, chinese made crappie jigs amongst empty yacht pens in the yacht clubs that dot the lower reaches of the Swan River. Bull herring, flathead and flounder couldn't resist the fine marabou feathers that came to life at any subtle flick of the rod tip. The only downside to these humble jigs was the quality of the gold hooks they were built on, they never seemed to last long.
Fast forward to 2017 and I'm happy to be bringing these simple but highly effective jigs back to the Australian market. As usual though I've upped the quality in the hook department, in the form of premium Owner light wire jig hooks. These sticky sharp hooks will slide right in on the ultra light lines most suited to working these small jigs.
- 1/8oz - 3 grams
- premium Owner 2/0 light wire jig hooks.
- premium powder paint, oven baked to form a super durable finish.
- clear overcoat for added finish durability.
- hand painted enamel eyes.
- glow coloured heads can be charged up with a torch or light, they will then glow in the dark.
- premium Wapsi marabou.
- tails hand bound, bindings sealed with epoxy resin for longevity.
- flathead, flounder, skippy, herring, sooty grunter.
Cast, flick, retrieve – a great technique when chasing flathead and flounder around shallow flats and sandbars. Cast the jig out, let it sink to the bottom, then flick it forward with a flick of the rod, causing a puff of sand as the jig jumps off the bottom, wind up the slack as you drop the rod and repeat, the hit normally coming on the pause/drop when you wind up the slack.
Wash in fresh water after use to keep the marabou feathers and Owner LW hook in good condition.
#Note - Actual length of marabou on the jig may vary from jig to jig due to the organic nature of the material.
We Also Recommend